Pineapple Fried Rice
1 large carrot
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup roasted cashews
Plus extra to serve
250g extra firm tofu, diced
2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
3 cups cooked white rice
1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
2 green onions, thinly sliced
2 tbsp soy sauce
- Heat non stick fry pan. Sauté onions, carrot and garlic until soft.
- Add peas, cashews and tofu fry for 2 mins.
- Stir through curry powder, turmeric and pepper for about 30 secs.
- Add cooked rice, pineapple and green onion and stir fry till rice has broken down and spices evenly coated.
- Add soy sauce and fold through rice mixture.
- Serve fried rice topped with extra cashews and green onions.
Kerry and Piper (@pipersienna) share their lifestyle, love for food and travel through Instagram. Their collection of squares is a visual insight into their kombi loving, beach living, plant powered family world. Young daughter Piper Sienna, is a fun, adventurous and honest little girl and is the star of the feed. Her Mum, Kerry, has a flair for capturing true and real moments of home schooling, whilst globe trotting and sharing real life experiences.