Nature Play Ideas for the WHOLE Family
There are so many fun experiences for children in nature. Nature play is time spent playing outdoors in nature. True nature play is free and unstructured play that is led completely by the child. Why not try some of these ideas with your little ones.
- Go on a nature scavenger hunt. Use materials from nature such as seed, rocks and leaves to make interesting patterns and art and craft projects
- Enjoy a muddy puddle, yes! Ge muddy! Try make mud pies and mud castles.
- Go for a bushwalk and explore a creek or river. Make sure you embrace the silence and listen out for birds singing.
- Go camping, even if it is in the backyard.
- Have a park or backyard picnic.
- Go stargazing.
- Climb trees.
- Discover your child’s favourite flowers and make potions and perfumes.
- Build a teepee of sticks and leaves.
- Discover animal tracks on the beach.
- Get a magnifying glass and discover bugs, slugs and butterflies.
- Make music using natural instruments like shells, leaves and sticks.